Mount Ida College is pleased to offer Massachusetts licensed teachers the opportunity to earn the following additional licensure: Post-Baccalaureate Additional License for Teachers of Students with Moderate Disabilities, PreK-8.
This five-credit additional professional license offers the training needed to work with students with moderate disabilities PreK-8 in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Mount Ida College has been granted permission to facilitate this additional license by the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
Contact our Continuing Education team with questions at (617) 928-4624 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Admission and Tuition
To apply for admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Additional License for Teachers of Students with Moderate Disabilities, Pre K-8, please submit the following documentation:
- Mount Ida Continuing Education Application
- Tuition Payment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Education Official Transcripts
Note: Specific courses are required for enrollment for the Additional License and will be approved by the Professional Studies in Education Department Chair prior to admission during the application process.
- Copy of initial or professional license in the field of education
- Passing scores on the Massachusetts Teacher Education Licensure Tests (MTEL):
- Communication and Literacy test
- Foundations of Reading or Reading Specialist Subject Matter Test
- General Curriculum Subject Matter Test
- Mathematics Subject Matter Test
One of the following:
-Middle School Mathematics Subject Matter Test
-Elementary School Mathematics Subject Matter Test
-Mathematics Subject Matter Test
- In addition, a Competency Review is required for a Preliminary license.
Additional License Tuition
Tuition for the 2015-2016 year is $705 per credit hour. With five required credits the cost for this Post-Baccalaureate Additional License for Teacher of Students with Moderate Disabilities, PreK-8 is $3,525.
Additional License Enrollment
Enrollment for the Additional License courses is scheduled to begin in spring of 2015 for the fall 2015 semester.
Additional License Schedule
For the fall 2015 semester, the seminar will meet on Wednesday evenings from 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. on campus. The Practicum requirements will be determined upon enrollment in the Additional License.