The Master of Science in Management (MSM) is designed for professionals who want to assume greater management responsibilities within their organizations. This degree program requires 36 credits and consists of seven core management courses and five elective courses. It is designed to provide professionals with the necessary business and management skills required to lead in today’s environment. Graduates will be prepared to assume management positions of increased responsibility within medium and large firms in their fields, as well as to develop and grow small firms, including their own.
Students completing this program will be able to:
· Demonstrate understanding of the key HR functions in modern organizations such as recruitment, selection, training, performance management, compensation, and labor relations
· Demonstrate ability to use high-level marketing tools and applications
· Demonstrate ability to comprehend the concepts of financial and risk management
· Demonstrate understanding of the functions and interdependencies of functional areas of business
· Develop and implement business strategies and policies that meet objectives and establish corporate policies, governances and controls that sustain profits
· Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to contemporary business issues
· Communicate and collaborate effectively
· Demonstrate ethical behavior and social responsibility in business practices
Minimum Grade Requirement
A minimum grade of C is required in all graduate courses.